top of page
What is cool climate wine?
The Competition is to be held each year in April/May, at the picturesque 19th-century Sierakow manor house near the beautiful medieval city of Krakow in southern Poland.
The 2023 edition runs from 19th to 20th April
Deadline for applications: 14thMarch 2023.
For the sake of CCWA competition we accept all the wines produced in EU climate zones A and B plus Switzerland, and will be happy to welcome wines from all other wine regions, subregions or districts that may prove to fulfill at least one of the following demands:
- less than 2650 GDD in ⁰F units (15 April-15 October NH)
If you're there,
don't check your GDD
2. Great Britain
3. Baltic countries
7. Czech Republic
13. France (only Loire, Champagne, Alsace, Burgundy, Savoie)
14. Hungary (Sopron, Eszak-dunantuli, Eger, Tokaj)
15. Romania (only Transylvania)
16. Slovenia (only Posavska, Podravska)
17. Croatia (only Uplands)
15. Argentina (Rio Negro, Chubut)
16. Chile (only Lake District)
17. US (only Washington, Oregon)
19. Australia (only Tasmania)
20. New Zealand (only Marlborough, Central Otago)
bottom of page